Monday, June 29, 2015

Some day in August 2014




So here I am, sitting in a van with 9 people, surrounded by frost and fog. The front screen of the vehicle shows a road with no ends. It will be my very first time, to see snow and to ski.  

 My favourite season is winter, not because I have experienced it and loved it. But because I have never experienced it for 21 years, and I never thought it was possible anytime in the near future, not until the change of fate.

I shall write this before I see snow for real. People told me your first time is great. After that it is not as nice as you thought. 

The white in its purity makes it mysteriously beautiful. Its ability to conquer the nature, makes plants, animals and even humans fear of it. It is so powerful that the trees turn bald, the animals hide in shelter and humans curse the weather condition.

Its fearful and powerful. But I think its magical. And that is exact thought I had for snow. Seeing snow for the very first time will be a magical experience for me.  

Being in a company of fellow Malaysians, we come together as a group to have fun. I often hear remarks and thoughts, which I think its the major factor that we are not developing. It was just the first hour of gathering, but I thoroughly enjoy the company, eventhough I'm not fully engaging with all. 

 A Chinese proverb (牺牲小我,完成大我) said, sacrifice the minor, realise the major. Little things that you don't like about people are minor, being able to advance together is major. Not implying anything but superiority can bring the good in inferiority.

Occupied with work and thoughts, I wasn't excited yet. But I can feel, the excitement is building. Praying for safety and fun, for these people and myself.


*


It's 29th June and I am clearing the notes on my phone. Thoughts about this post? Still pretty much the same, except I wouldn't be seeing snow again. The snow experience wasn't as magical or beautiful as I thought. It was not the snow I wanted, I want the soft and fluffy ones, like cotton candy. Maybe another fine day then.





Still dreaming for snow,
Wen Xin